“BMREACT” is a spreadsheet program written in MS-Excel for the purpose of determining the allowable beam end reaction and the allowable end moment for the purpose of end connection design.
This program is a workbook consisting of two (2) worksheets, described as follows:
- Doc – Documentation sheet
- Allow. Beam End Reaction – Allowable beam end reaction and end moment
Program Assumptions and Limitations:
1. This program uses the database of member dimensions and section properties from the “AISC Shapes Database”, Version 3.0 (2001) as well as the AISC 9th Edition (ASD) Manual (1989).
2. The user may select from W, S, M, C, and MC shapes.
3. This program utilizes the procedure which a steel fabricator would typically use to determine end connection design loads when end reaction values are not specified on the design and construction drawings by the engineer. This procedure is based on the AISC 9th Edition (ASD) Manual (1989) Allowable Uniform Load Tables on pages 2-36 to 2-140 and AISC Specification Chapter K, pages 5-80 and 5-81.
4. This program contains “comment boxes” which contain a wide variety of information including explanations of input or output items, equations used, data tables, etc. (Note: presence of a “comment box” is denoted by a “red triangle” in the upper right-hand corner of a cell. Merely move the mouse pointer to the desired cell to view the contents of that particular “comment box”.)
All the worksheets are independent and self contained, so that you can move them from one workbook to another. All the worksheets are protected, but not with a password.
Please read the “DOC” worksheet for program details as well as assumptions and limitations.
American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
There are no reviews yet.