Total Views : 523 , Today Views : 1
Name of Notes : – Design of Machine Elements I Lecture Note
Design is essentially a decision-making process. If we have a problem, we need to design a solution. In other words, to design is to formulate a plan to satisfy a particular need and to create something with a physical reality. Consider for an example, design of a chair. A number of factors need be considered first:
- (a) The purpose for which the chair is to be designed such as whether it is to be used as an easy chair, an office chair or to accompany a dining table.
- (b) Whether the chair is to be designed for a grown up person or a child.
- (c) Material for the chair, its strength and cost need to be determined.
- (d) Finally, the aesthetics of the designed chair.
Almost everyone is involved in design, in one way or the other, in our daily lives because problems are posed and they need to be solved.
- Fundamentals of machine design
- Stresses in machine elements
- Design for Strength
- Power Screws
- Design of Springs
- Design of Shaft
- Thin and thick cylinders
- Design of Permanent Joints
- Design of Joints for Special Loading
- Design of brakes
- Belt drives
- Brief overview of bearings