Name Of File :- Shear Wall Design Based on ACI 318-95 / CBC 2001
- Input Data
- Concrete Strength
- Rebar Yield Stress
- Factored Axial Load
- Factored Moment Load
- Factored Shear Load
- Length of Shear Wall
- Thickness of Wall
- Depth at Flange
- Width at Flange
- Wall Unsupported Height
- Total Wall Height to Top
- Reinf. Bars at Bulb
- Wall Dist. Horiz. Reinf.
- Wall Dist. Vert. Reinf.
- Hoop Reinf – Width, B, Dir.
- Hoop Reinf – Length Dir.
- Check Shear Capacity
The Minimum Reinforcement Ratios Are Given by ACI 318-95 Section 184.108.40.206 and Section 14.3 as
- Check Flexural & Axial Capacity
The Maximum Design Axial Load Strength, ACI 318-95, Sec. 220.127.116.11 & Eq.(10-2), Is
- The Design Moment Capacity at Maximum Axial Load Strength Are From 0 to 32636 Ft-kips.
- For the Balanced Strain Condition Under Combined Flexure and Axial Load, the Maximum Strain in the Concrete And in the Tension Reinforcement Must Simultaneously Reach the Values Specified in ACI 318-95 Sec. 10.3.2
- The Design Axial and Moment Capacities at the Balanced Strain Condition Are 7068 Kips and 93621 Ft-kips.
In Accordance With ACI Sec. 9.3.2 the Design Moment Capacity Without Axial Load Is
- Summary of Load Versus Moment Capacities Are Shown in the Table Below, and They Are Plotted
On the Interaction Diagram Above.
- Determine Whether the Wall Can Resist Seismic Loads, (CBC 2001, 1918.104.22.168)
Check Boundary Zone Requirements