Total Views : 861 , Today Views : 2
- It is one in which the lateral stiffness is less than 70 percent of that in the story above or less than 80 percent of the average lateral stiffness of the three stores above.
- Construction of multi storied buildings with open first story is a common practice in India. Such a building in which the upper stories having infill wall panel provided for functional and architectural reasons and open ground story is called soft story.
Strengthening of RCC Buildings with Soft Story For Earthquake Forces Presentation Report (PPT)
Page Length : 12
- What is soft story ?
- Possible causes of building failure during earthquake
- Comparison of base shear for different height of buildings.
- Ground acceleration at the Ahmadabad Passport Building.
- Seismic rehabilitation and retrofit