Total Views : 456 , Today Views : 2
Name of Notes : – Chemical Technology – II Lecture Note
1. Why a chemical engineer needs expertise in process technology?
A process engineer at operation in chemical plant shall have a deeper understanding of the technology on which the process plant is built to produce the profit making chemicals. A chemical engineer with sound knowledge in process technology has the following distinct advantages:
- a) Ability to clearly distinguish the functional role and importance of various processes and operations in the process plant
- b) Technical knowledge with respect to the selection of important parameters such as Temperature, Pressure and underlying physical principles of a process.
- c) Ability to distinguish various process streams and their conditions of operation (Temperature, pressure and phases)
- d) Basic knowledge for process troubleshooting and necessary safety precautions associated to a process/operation.
Modules / Lectures
- Petroleum Refining Overview
- Natural Product
- Coal based Industries
- Food Technology
- Introduction To Polymerization Technology